Tuesday, August 17, 2010

laughing with my girl.....




I dream of being giggly with my daughter. Yesterday was a crazy day for me and Becca. Actually life in general has been a roller coaster. But in the afternoon Becca dropped me off at the hospital to see the surgeon that will do the gallbladder surgery tomorrow and go see Doc for my preop. She had all kinds of things to get done because we are on the countdown for her to leave for college. So it was silly for her to wait while I was sent from floor to floor doing paperwork and labs and stuff.

While she was gone she kept texting me silly stuff and cracking me up. She is well known for doing this. The more "dramatic" things get with Becca the more I laugh. She can be so animated that she brings me to tears. And you might think that this bothers her but I believe it actually encourages her.

When she picked me up we had to go to the Verizon store to return an internet card that she was trying out. We have had more laughs at this place than you could ever imagine. There is always just 1 person working there and a line of people. The worker is always so patient like they don't notice the whole line of extremely annoyed customers glaring at him. And each customer usually takes quite awhile to wait on. One time we drove by, and no lie, the window for the Verizon store was covered in steam - we died laughing because we knew it was from all the angry customers waiting in line. As we got in yesterday we were number 3 in line. I looked at my watch and asked Becca to take a guess at how long we would have to wait..."MOOOMM, I am not playing this game..." I guess she felt sorry for the guy working, which I did too but we needed to pass the time. Now for you to get the whole effect you have to remember Becca has just has her wisdom teeth out and sort of talks with a lisp. So the ability to sound serious is difficult. Every time she goes to talk I start cracking up and she smacks me and tells me to stop...So she went to the other side of the store and kept texting me stuff to where I thought if she didn't stop I was going to have to find a restroom. And the now longer line of people behind me were probably wondering why I was in tears. Well, 40 minutes later we departed our Non Favorite store with our sides sore from laughing.

On our way home we got on the subject of her trip to Germany a few years ago. The moment she starts talking about that I know I am going to be in a heap by the end and she never disappoints. She talked about how their German advisor that NOBODY could understand..not even joking...As parents when our kids left we all just looked at each other bewildered because we never understood one word in all the meetings but we were pretty sure they were going to Germany..LOL..When he arrived to leave for the trip everyone was just a tad bit confused as to why he was bringing skis and a beach umbrella on the trip. It was sort of fruitless to ask him because you wouldn't understand the answer. But he lugged those things through the airport and the kids just looked puzzled and laughed. But things got clearer on the final day of the trip as the kids filed out of the bus to go into the airport. Mr. E announces that he will not be returning to America with them. It seems "his brother" called last evening and is VERY ill in Switzerland and he must go be with him....LOL! Well it's a good thing he brought his skis with him. We still cannot for the life of us figure out why he carried a beach umbrella half way around the world though...I believe that I heard that he came back at one point and cleaned some stuff out of his room and was not heard from since. The stories of him on the trip are endless... But she continues with stories of staying in a Turkish Ghetto scared out of her mind, and living on pretzel wrapped hot dogs out of the vending machine...about eating squid pizza...

My favorite story though...and this might end up being long so if you have to go have a bathroom break this is a good time to do so. I'll wait.....

Before we left we were talking to a lady and she explained that they had an exchange student that would be coming here that school year that was at the school that Becca would be at in Germany. She didn't have much information yet, except his name was Hans and he loved soccer (actually that's not it but I can't remember and Becca is sleeping. If I wake her up about my Blog she might go balistic - so Hans it is) So a guy in Germany names Hans and loves soccer. Should be no problem picking him out. Well one day when they were on a field trip of sorts some of the local students from the school came along. Becca and some others were in a line to order some food and couldn't understand the menu. One of the boys explained things to them and ended up sitting by them. They introduced themselves and his name happened to be "Hans" Becca looked at him and said..."do you by chance like soccer??" when he looked at her sort of puzzled she just laughed. She explained everything to him and yes in fact this was the boy that would be coming to her school in Wisconsin in the Fall. So for the remainder of the time they all sort of stuck together and became pretty good friends. The evening the kids returned home to the High School and piled off the bus, my friend Claudia that had chaperoned the trip took me aside. She stated that she was a little worried because Becca had spent ALOT of time with a group of boys. She just wanted me to be aware. I genuinely thanked her for her concern. On the way home Becca shared this story and it all made sense. Claudia must have been talking about Hans and his friends. So I had put the whole thing out of my mind until about 3months later. We were at our local county fair and Claudia rushes up to me. She looked very agitated. She once again took me aside and began to tell me what was bothering her. It seems that one of those boys that was following Becca around in Germany had somehow followed her here to the states!!!! I covered my mouth and it took everything in me not to laugh out loud. I knew that she was was really worried for my daughter. I took her hand and slowly explained the whole thing to her. She had a mixture of relief and embarrassment. I still laugh every time I think of the first time Claudia saw Hans in Richland Center. She must have Freaked... Oh My!!!

Well, like I said, Becca and I laugh alot. I know we will still text and talk on the phone and stuff when she is gone but it just won't be the same as when we are together. Besides my sisters she is my best belly laughing buddy...

Today I dream for you Belly Laughs...I dream that you will find joy in things that will make you laugh so hard you cry and have to cross your legs... Have a great day friends...

No comments: