Tuesday, August 3, 2010

fresh cut flowers




I dream of fresh cut flowers....One of the funny things that I notice about tv shows is how the people always seem to have fresh flowers all over their house. I mean in every room, including the bathrooms. One of the perks about helping out at a flower shop is getting to enjoy them while I am there. And one of the perks of being friends with the girls I work with is when there are flowers that they can't sell they call me. The other day they had some roses that were to old to sell and they told me to stop by. Of course they don't last as long but hey the price is right....

I remember a few years ago Rob and I stayed at the Venetian in Las Vegas. The place was Incredible!! But one of the things we still talk about were the flowers. When you walked in they had about 4 HUUUUUGE containers Filled with all kinds of fresh flowers. And then the same kind behind the check-in desk. We kept saying that there was no way that they could be real but we went up to them and sure enough they were.
I guess I have married a man that is so practical that it has rubbed off on me. My first thought is that those flowers in Vegas were definately beautiful but then I think that for the amount of money they spent they could have fed a small villiage for the price it must have cost for 1 of those vases of flowers.

But I also think that the same practical man has been the one to make me appreciate the beauty of flowers the way I do. I think he loves flowers as much or even more than I do. He does occassionally stop by the flower shop and bring me my favorites (which it helps that "the girls" know me so well there) But he also is constantly bringing me bokays of wild flowers that he picks where he is working or stops along the side of the road. When they are sitting on the counter he can't pass them without smelling them or checking on their water (which works out great for me).

There is something truly inspiring about flowers. The way something so simple can make someone smile. For me I am just in awe of the wonder of God's creation. To look at how incredibly detailed and precise each petal is and how the fragrance makes you close your eyes and breath deeply...

My dream for you today is to take a moment to enjoy a Gift from your Heavenly Father...although I can't send you a bokay I dream that you will take time to see God's simple beauty in many forms all around you..that you will close your eyes and breath in deeply the wonder that he created just for you...

No comments: