Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Morning Person

I think it's funny that I actually say this but I really love mornings. The reason I think it's funny is because I also really love sleep and I could set up camp in my bed for days. I think enjoying mornings has alot to do with my husband. He is without a question a morning person. He is able to get up at 5 am with a smile on his face and excited for the day. Someday I will have to blog about Rob's routines - hilarious!! But maybe that is why he is so happy. He's not stressed about what he's going to wear or eat for breakfast or any of that silly stuff.  Every morning he comes into our room and kisses me goodbye before he leaves....Did you notice - I am still in bed and have not gotten up to pack his lunch - Love That Part!!  I guess that is one reason my day starts off good. It's usually good until I have to pull D out of his bed to make sure he gets to the bus on time. But then it's back to being pretty good. Right now as we have discussed I am trying to get back into a routine. So I have started a new morning devotional that I do while I sit at the table drinking my Protein Shake (with Vanilla Almond Milk and Strawberries that I picked and froze this Spring...Yummy)

The devotional that I am using is a book that I got at the Women of Faith conference. It is by Patsy Clairmont who is one of my favorite authors and speakers. I can  relate to Patsy in so many ways. The obvious is her lack of height. I think she is a little less that 5' and I am only 5'2" so when she tells stories about living in a world not made for short people I feel a kind of sisterhood...LOL....The book is called Kaleidoscope and is about the book of Proverbs. She talks about how Proverbs basically has everything you need to know about life in it. But you may not ever see it until you need it. One day you may read something one way and a few years later when you combine it with events in your life it fits in a different way.....Just Beautiful!!

I am loving my morning devotional time again. I find myself drawing closer and closer to Him and it is such a good feeling. I am in a book club with some friends and we are reading the book "The Help". In the book one of the ladies talks quite a bit about writing out her prayers. She comments that writing them down allows her to connect with God more. I must agree but sometimes it's hard to write things out. It's like when you write it out than you really have to mean it. There are things in my life that I just don't want to deal with and I want to pretend they aren't affecting me. So when I pray, it is easy to throw up a Please Be With....... and then go onto the next thing. But when you write it out then it twists at your insides. It's like you have to confront it. Honestly it's not fun but it is the only way I know how to be real with God.

I say that this is my morning routine and yet already I was thrown off...This morning Rob needed a ride to town at 7:00 am to get the semi and so by the time I took him there while drinking my Protein shake, got back home, decorated my house with my Fall stuff (does that surprise you?) straightened up a little and now doing my blog my day is already messed up. It seems like it's a constant struggle with me...Routine...Consistency....hhmmm

Well, I had better wrap it up so I can get some things done around here. Today I dream for you Happy Mornings.....Are you a morning person.?....or are you one of those people that can't say a word until they have had their coffee?.... LOL...Well, no matter which one you are I am happy to have spent this time with you. Have a beautiful day friend....
 

No comments: